League & Cup Rules
WEEKEND LEAGUE RULES
- Any club which is a member of the Dyfed Golfing Union may enter a team in the
Dyfed League. Clubs may also enter more than one team, subject to the proviso that teams from the same club shall not be allowed to play in the same division of the league, and should one team gain promotion to a higher division which contains another team from the same club then the next best placed club shall be promoted. Similarly if one team is relegated to a lower division which contains a team from the same club then the second team shall be relegated to a lower division. Each team in a division shall play each other twice per season, once at home and once away.
The season should commence on 1st April and cease on 3oth September.
- The format for all matches shall be four ball better ball match play to be played off 90% of the handicap difference calculated with reference to the lowest
handicapped player in the four.
- In divisions 1 and 2 the maximum handicap allowed shall be 15, and the maximum number of strokes received between players will be 6. In divisions 3 and 4 the maximum handicap allowed shall be 20, and the maximum number of strokes received between players will be 6.
- Teams will comprise of 8 pairs in division 1 and 2 and 7 pairs in division 3 and 4. A maximum of four juniors may be included in any team, but juniors shall not play together.
- Team pairs for matches is a matter for decision by each club and the order of play is decided by the sum of handicaps commencing with the pair having the least combined Team orders of play shall be exchanged between captains prior to the commencement of the match.
- Points will be awarded for each match played as follows:
1 bonus point will be awarded for each individual match won. Bonus points will be awarded to the team totals as follows: Away win 4 points Home win 3 points Away half 2 points Home half 1 point
The team with the greatest number of combined points shall be the winner of the division, but in the event of a tie the club with the better aggregate of individual team scores in the home and away matches between the two clubs with the same points will be the winner. In the event of there still being a tie the club with the most bonus points shall be the winner, and in the event of there still being a tie there shall be a play off. The winner of Division 1 shall be the Weekend League Champions, and the lowest placed team in Division 1 shall be relegated to Division 2 to be replaced by the winner of Division 2. Similarly the lowest placed team in Division 2 shall be relegated to Division 3 to be replaced by the winner of Division 3. Similarly where there is a fourth division the lowest placed team in Division 3 shall be relegated to Division 4 and shall be replaced by the winner of Division 4.League-Sheet-DGU-PDF