WEEKEND LEAGUE RULES
- Any club which is a member of the Dyfed Golfing Union may enter a team in the
Dyfed League. Clubs may also enter more than one team, subject to the proviso that
teams from the same club shall not be allowed to play in the same division of the
league, and should one team gain promotion to a higher division which contains
another team from the same club then the next best placed club shall be promoted
Similarly if one team is relegated to a lower division which contains a team
from the same club then the second team shall be relegated to a lower division. Each
team in a division shall play each other twice per season, once at home and once away.
The season should commence on 1st April and cease on 3oth September.
- The format for all matches shall be four ball better ball match play to be played off
90% of the handicap difference calculated with reference to the lowest
handicapped player in the four.
- In divisions 1 and 2 the maximum handicap allowed shall be 15, and the maximum
number of strokes received between players will be 6. In divisions 3 and 4 the
maximum handicap allowed shall be 20, and the maximum number of strokes received
between players will be 6.
- Teams will comprise of 8 pairs in division 1 and 2 and 7 pairs in division 3 and 4. A
maximum of four juniors may be included in any team, but juniors shall not play together.
- Team pairs for matches is a matter for decision by each club and the order of play is
decided by the sum of handicaps commencing with the pair having the least combined
Team orders of play shall be exchanged between captains prior to the
commencement of the match.
- Points will be awarded for each match played as follows:
1 bonus point will be awarded for each individual match won. Bonus points will be awarded to the team totals as follows: Away win 4 points Home win 3 points Away half 2 points Home half 1 point
The team with the greatest number of combined points shall be the winner of the division, but in the event of a tie the club with the better aggregate of individual team scores in the home and away matches between the two clubs with the same points will be the winner. In the event of there still being a tie the club with the most bonus points shall be the winner, and in the event of there still being a tie there shall be a play off. The winner of Division 1 shall be the Weekend League Champions, and the lowest placed team in Division 1 shall be relegated to Division 2 to be replaced by the winner of Division 2. Similarly the lowest placed team in Division 2 shall be relegated to Division 3 to be replaced by the winner of Division 3. Similarly where there is a fourth division the lowest placed team in Division 3 shall be relegated to Division 4 and shall be replaced by the winner of Division 4.
- The results of all matches shall be notified to the Match and Competitions Secretary
within 7 days.
- The provisional dates of fixtures will be circulated to clubs by the Match and
Competitions Secretary by 30th October preceding each season. In the event that
fixtures are not convenient the club concerned shall rearrange the fixture with
opposing club, and all such rearranged fixtures, and all such confirmed fixtures shall
be notified to the Match and Competitions Secretary by 31st March preceding the
Thereafter all dates set shall be binding. Where clubs play matches on
different days i.e. Saturdays and Sundays, then the home club’s preference shall prevail
if agreement cannot be reached.
- All fixtures shall be played on the date set unless rearranged by mutual agreement and the tee times will be psoted on the DGU website. No
fixture should be played after September 30th.
If a team in Division 1 fails to turn up to play a fixture on the date set or agreed, then that team, in the absence of extreme special circumstances, shall be relegated two divisions for the following season. All previous Dyfed League matches played by that team that season shall become void, therefore no points awarded to either side, and all future matches involving the team that season shall be cancelled as Dyfed League fixtures. The remaining teams shall continue to contest the league in the normal way.
Teams shall at the end of the season be promoted from Division 2 to Division 1 in order of merit so that there shall be six teams in Division 1 for the following season.
Teams shall at the end of the season be promoted from Division 3 to Division 2 in order of merit so that there shall be six teams in Division 2 and seven teams in Division 3 for the following season.
9a. Failure to find enough players shall never be regarded as an extreme special circumstance.
9b. A team shall be deemed not to have turned up to play if fewer than twelve players arrive to play.
9c. Rule 9 shall apply in exactly the same way to teams hi Division 2, with promotions from Divisions 3 and 4 as appropriate.
- The Executive Committee’s decision shall be final in all matters.
- Home clubs will normally provide hospitality [an after the match meal or
refreshments] for the visiting away team of 9 or 7 pairs, but the away team will be
expected to reimburse on the day the home club for any hospitality for numbers
which exceed 9 or 7 pairs.
CLUBS ARE REMINDED THAT PLAYERS MAY PLAY FOR ONLY ONE CLUB IN DYFED GOLFING UNION FIXTURES OF ANY KIND IN ANY ONE SEASON.
JEFF HARRIES BOWL
1.Teams shall comprise of 7 pairs.
2.The format is Greensome Foursome [both players drive and decide on the ball to play
with alternative shots thereafter].
3. Handicap limit is 15 with an allowance of 0.6 of the lower and 0.4 of the higher with
full difference between the 2 pairs.
Players with a high handicap must play off 15.
4 .Team pairings are to tee off in combined handicap order i.e. the lowest combined
pair to tee off first and remaining pairs to follow in increasing handicap order. Team
orders must be exchanged between captains prior to the match commencing.
5. The competition is on a knock out basis with teams drawn at random – no seeded
teams. The draw is made at the AGM in November on each year. The quarter final
round is drawn at random at the June meeting of the Executive Committee. As soon
as possible after the AGM the Match and Competitions Secretary will specify the
dates by which the stages up to the quarter finals are to be played.
6. The team drawn first shall have home advantage.
7. Semi finals and final to be played on neutral venues to be chosen by the Executive
8.All individual matches to be played to a finish – no halved matches.
9. Winning club to retain the trophy for one calendar year.
10. Players must be members of a club affiliated to the Dyfed Golfing Union. No more
than four juniors to play in any match and they shall not play together.
11. Matches must be played by the closing date of each round.
12. Any dispute to be referred to the Executive Committee whose decision will be final.
CLUBS ARE REMINDED THAT PLAYERS MAY PLAY FOR ONLY ONE CLUB IN THE DYFED GOLFING UNION FIXTURES OF ANY KIND.